Phil Pennacchia is the owner and founder of New Dorp Fitness. He is Staten Island’s premier fitness coach and has coached over 1000 clients over the last 35 years.
Phil carries a degree in Adult Fitness & Psychology and several personal training certifications. He is a former National-level competitive bodybuilder and has written numerous articles and appeared on several television shows.
The combination of his patient and caring demeanor along with his incredible knowledge base has helped his clients gain incredible results.
Click on the articles below to read more.
Phil’s training philosophy is that there is not a “one-size fits all” solution when it comes to health; it is about balance and finding a program that fits each individual’s lifestyle and goals. He believes every person is different and should be treated accordingly, and that knowledge is key when it comes to setting up a successful health plan.
• Featured in Crain’s Business Magazine 1998, click here to view article
• Awarded “The Most Successful Start-up Business 2004 by Small Business Association.
• Written several articles on fitness and nutrition.
• Written several articles published in Staten Island Advance and Likewise Magazine.
• Appeared on 2 TV shows (interviews with Dr. Victor Dolon regarding background & fitness.
• Owner of New Dorp Fitness for 17 years.
Body Building Accomplishments
• 1990 Overall Mr. Staten Island winner.
• 1990 Heavy Weight winner of Eastern Metropolis.
• 1990 National Qualifier
• 1989 Body Building contest-2nd place Heavy weight division.
• 1988 Mr. Richmond County Heavy Weight winner.
• 1985 Light-Heavy Mr. Richmond County Classic.
• BA in Adult Fitness and Psychology.
• Certified Physical Education Teacher.
• Certified Nutritionist.
• Thirty eight years personal training experience.
• Trained over 1000 people.
• Specializing in weight loss, rehabilitation, Holistic healing, nutritional advise to help with most medical diseases, including diabetes, high cholesterol, injuries, obesity, anxiety and depression.
• Experience with Senior Citizens and adolescent training.
• Trained with some of the most famous body builders in the world including Lou Ferigno, Christ Dickerson, Bill Pearl, Steve Michalik, Harold Poole.