http://newdorpfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/new-dorp-logo-1030x323.png 0 0 Phil Pennacchia http://newdorpfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/new-dorp-logo-1030x323.png Phil Pennacchia2016-05-25 18:00:332018-11-05 20:02:41Black Bean Avocado Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies
Black Bean Avocado Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies
Note: Makes 12 Brownies
- 1, 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ of a large extra ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon coconut or olive oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips into blender or food processor. Process or puree until ingredients form a smooth batter. If the batter is WAY too thick and won’t process then add in a teaspoon or two of water. This batter needs to be very thick in order to produce fudgy brownies. Add in 1/3 cup chocolate chips and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining chocolate chips. You can also fold in nuts or swirl in peanut butter. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack.
- Cool pan completely on wire rack then cut into 12 delicious squares.