Kettlebell Exercise Snapshot: Pullover Sit Up
Kettlebell Exercise Description
The Pullover Sit Up is an excellent combination kettlebell exercise that works your lats and core. The pullover portion engages your lats hard as you pull, bringing your elbows close to your ribs. Then adding a load to the sit up allows you to train the movement for lower reps and build true abdominal strength. We don’t often pump out endless sets of high repetition sit ups in our Staten Island Gym, but this movement is a fun safe variation for individuals with health backs. Grab a medium kettlebell and rip out a few sets of the pullover sit up for a strong back and core!
Kettlebell Exercise Steps
- Lay face up on the floor with your knees bent.
- Safely pick up a kettlebell and chest press it. Hold the horns with both hands.
- Engage your core by driving your lower back into to the floor. Slowly bring the kettlebell behind your head keeping your core engaged..
- Pull hard with your lats and reverse the motion bringing the kettlebell to rest on your chest.
- Slowly sit up.
- Reverse and repeat for the desired number of reps!